History

16th Const. Sq.

16th Constabulary Squadron (Seperate)

Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 16th Cavalry Reconnaissance Group, Mechanized, converted and redesignated 1 May 1946 as Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 16th Constabulary Squadron, and assigned to 4th Constabulary Regiment. (Troops of 16th Constabulary Squadron constituted and activated 1 May 1946.) This was the squadron in Berlin, coming under the Austria-based regiment. Relieved 1 February 1949 from assignment to 4th Constabulary Regiment and assigned to the United States Constabulary; operationally it remained under the Berlin District. Inactivated 27 November 1950 at Grafenwöhr, Germany. Converted and redesignated 9 March 1951 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 16th Armored Cavalry Group. (Troops of 16th Constabulary Squadron disbanded 9 March 1951.)

 

16th Const. Sq.