USCOB
US Brigade Commanders Berlin
822nd MP Co.
16th Constabulary Squadron
759th MP BN
287th MP Co.
287th MP Co. BASC/AKA
42nd Military Police Group
6th Infantry Regiment
502nd Infantry Regiment
94th & 320th FA
F. Co. 40th Armor
43rd Chemical Det.
20th Engineer Company
42nd Engineer Company
BBde Duty Train
Spy of FSB

Special Troops

Unit History

During August 1956, six Special Forces Operational Detachments-A (ODA) of the 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) stationed at Flint Kaserne in Bad Toelz, West Germany, were relocated in West Berlin under the 7761 Army Unit (also known subsequently as 39th SFOD) and embedded within Headquarters and Headquarters Company, Regimental Headquarters, 6th Infantry Regiment.

Each team at that time was comprised of one Master Sergeant and five team members. Overall Officer in Charge of the group was a Major, assisted by a Captain. On 1 September 1956, the group moved officially to the top floor of building 1000B at McNair Barracks, West Berlin, under the name of Security Platoon, Regimental Headquarters, 6th Infantry Regiment, APO 09742.

In April 1958, the unit found its final home in Building 904, Section 2, at Andrews Barracks, West Berlin, and was assigned to HHC, US Army Garrison Berlin with a new name - "Detachment A" (Det A).

In April 1962, "Detachment A" was separated from the Garrison and became "Detachment A", Berlin Brigade, US ARMY Europe (USAREUR), which it remained until its deactivation on 30 December 1984.