The French Forces in Berlin (French: Forces Françaises à Berlin) were the units of the French Armed Forces stationed in Cold War-era West Berlin according to the agreements of the Yalta Conference and Potsdam Conference. The troops were the French counterparts to the United States' Berlin Brigade and the United Kingdom's Berlin Infantry Brigade in the city.
By agreement of the Allies, Berlin was divided into four sectors after the unconditional surrender on May 8, 1945. The allied powers of France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States of America were each granted control of a sector, with permission to station troops there.
After the withdrawal of the Soviet Union from the Allied Control Council and the start of the Berlin Crisis in 1961, units from the other three countries were ordered to protect West Berlin against Soviet troops and against the GDR's own NVA troops, since the Federal Republic of Germany was not allowed to station Bundeswehr units in Berlin. The French Army first stationed troops in Berlin in 1947. Their headquarters were called Quartier Napoléon.
After the end of the Cold War and the Two Plus Four Agreement, all Allied troops left Berlin in July 1994.
AMX-30 of 11ème Régiment de Chasseurs.
11e Régiment de Chasseurs (11e RCh) (53x AMX-30B2)
46e Régiment d'Infanterie (46e RI) (70x VAB)
110e Compagnie du Génie (110e CG)
Centre Entrainement de Commando (CEC No 10)
11ème Compagnie de Transmission
Hôpital Louis Pasteur
Base Aérienne 165
Groupement de Soutien
Direction des Transport et de la Circulation de Berlin
Détachement de l'Aviation Légère de l'Armée de Terre (DETALAT)