The original parent organization of the 287th MP Company was activated at Fort Ontario, News York on 5 September 1942 as the 759th MP Battalion. During WW II it saw service in North Africa, Italy, France and Germany. It was assigned to Berlin on 30 September 1945. It remained in Berlin and was reorganized into two seperate MP companys in October 1953. Since that time, , the 287th MP Company has seen continuous service in Berlin. In addition to the usual police finctions, the 287th provides the US contingents at Allied Checkpoints Bravo (Drewitz) and Charlie (Friedrichstrasse) It also provides the guard complement of the US duty Trains during operations between Berlin an the Federal Republic.
From October through December 1992 one Platoon is deployed to Mombasa, Kenya. It is part of „Operation Provide Relief“ to provide humanitarian assistance.
In 1993 Squads from the 287th MP Company rotate to Macedonia as part of „Operation Able Sentry“.
287th MILITARY POLICE COMPANY
Constituted 12 August 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 287th Military Police Company
Activated 14 August 1943 at Fort Custer, Michigan
Inactivated 25 January 1946 in the Philippine Islands
Allotted 24 August 1953 to the Regular Army
Activated 1 November 1953 in Germany
Inactivated 15 September 1994 in Germany
Activated 17 February 2008 at Fort Riley, Kansas
CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT
World War II
War on Terrorism
Campaigns to be determined
Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 1985 – 1987
Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 1993 – 1994
BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY: